Monday, June 28, 2010

Mind Games

You suck away my life
Yet you claim to be my friend
If you think life is beautiful
Then why do you end

I am the thread
Which you cannot see
I am the oars
That push you through the sea

You are pure evil
You taunt me with your might
You slow when I'm hurt
If I'm happy you're fast as light

I am immune to change
Your perception is wrought
You chase children's dreams
Yet you capture it not

I chase what I please
To you I do not answer
You are forced upon me
Like a deathly cancer

For eons I've existed
And as long as I've been
You try to control me
And still I grow thin

My kind shall prevail
Where others could not
I shall bend you to my will
Until more I have got

You spend me with waste
Without a second thought
Yet stop I will never
I cannot be caught

Leave me now
I have much to do
I must ponder my actions
If I am to start anew

I shall take my leave
But be forewarned
Use me well now
Before you are mourned

As silently as he came
The specter is gone
But I feel him around me
Again I am the pawn

No comments:

Post a Comment