Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pharmacy of Love

I walk into the pharmacy
I take a look around
Ointments, Bandages
And stuff sold by the Pound

I walk down an aisle
With one thing in mind
A cure for my illness
A cure I must find

There's a man behind the counter
Who looks at me with a frown
I walk on up to him
And put my money down

"My ailment is strange,
How do I explain,
I feel so empty inside,
And I'm going insane"

"When did this start
If you don't mind the question"
"It was only last week
That I fell into this depression"

"I was sitting at the park
When she walks by.
She's beautiful and graceful,
And she catches my eye"

"I saw her again later
as I walked down the street,
She laughs with her friends
I've never seen anything so sweet"

"My heart stopped right then
And it wouldn't restart.
Now I can't figure
Whats up with this heart"

"Whenever I think of her
It hops into action.
It goes a hundred beats a second
Then back to inaction"

"Do you have a pill
To get this under control,
I can't live like this
It's taking a toll"

"I know your problem,
Your mind is too narrow,
Look down at your chest
Do you see the arrow?"

"You've been hit by Cupid,
This is no disease,
You aren't dying
So put yourself at ease"

"Ask her to meet you in the park,
Find a place that's nice and shady,
Spread your picnic on the ground,
And give this flower to your lady"

"This is Cupids secret sign
That he should take aim.
If all goes well, which I'm sure it will
You and her should be the same"

"There's your cure my young man
Your heart will be stronger.
With her by your side
Your heart will ache no longer"

With many thanks, I turn to leave
When out of the corner of my eye
I glimpse a bow in one hand
While the other hand waves bye

No comments:

Post a Comment